Juicy Tomatoes

Monday, November 12, 2007

DOES THE JOB STILL WORK?

I’ve been a newspaper reporter since I graduated from college and we learned our craft on typewriters. I joke that I will keep writing until I fall face down onto my laptop. I’m not sure if I simply found my career niche early or I’m just not very imaginative because I never came up with anything else I wanted to do.


But I know a growing number of women who have switched occupations, started new businesses, gone back to school at an age when others would be thinking more about early retirement than re-inventing themselves.

Ours is the first generation of American women who have made career an essential part of our lives. More than 60 percent of Boomers say they’re planning on working past the traditional retirement age. For those of us who stay in the same profession, it means keeping up with the technology and remembering the passion that got us into this field in the first place.

In this week’s Juicy Tomatoes radio show I talked to five women about career. And what keeps them packing their briefcase every morning. Tell me what about the job that still works for you.
Susan
www.juicytomatoes.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home