Juicy Tomatoes

Monday, February 12, 2007

Orthopedic Stilletos

I gave a talk about Boomer women with my friend, Brenda Kinsel, author of "40 Over 40: Things Every Woman Needs to Know About Getting Dressed" and a Bay Area image consultant, to a San Francisco audience and the talk got around to shoes.

Someone remarked that it would be nice if there were such a thing as "orthopedic stilletos," given the tortured conditon of many middle aged feet challenged by the desire to still wear kick-butt heels.
I offered what a woman told me for my book "The Juicy Tomatoes Guide to Ripe Living After 50."

It's in a section called "How to be a Hottie After 50" and the idea is to walk like you're IN high heels even if you're not. Try it in running shoes. Or bare feet.
We don't need the killer shoes. We can simply call up our "inner stilletos" and sass our way down the sidewalk in a pair of clogs.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE this tip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home